Skip to main content

TURTLE TALK III: The Leaf is on the Fig Tree!

A Google Image
I am sorry to say that what follows is a quote from Michele Bachmann.  I am sorry because she says that all Hell is about to break loose, or maybe it already has, and we do not have much time left.  The little red numbers are not in the original text:  I have added them, in the manner of the King James Version of the Other Holy Scripture, just to make it easier to find our places in the Writ.  So, for instance, we might call this End Warning.  End Warning 2 (or just EW2) would refer specifically to the sentence that begins, "Now what this says. . . ."  I am doing this as a public service, because we do not have much time to fool around looking for the place where everything becomes clear.


"1This happened, and as of today, the United States is willingly, knowingly, intentionally sending arms to terrorists.  2Now what this says to me, I’m a believer in Jesus Christ, as I look at the End Times scripture, this says to me that the leaf is on the fig tree. 3and we are to understand the signs of the times, which is your ministry, we are to understand where we are in God’s end-time history."

I do not have a clue what EW1 refers to, but that might be because my eyes are clouded over with sin and cataracts.  I had not realized that we--I say, "we", but we all know that we are referring to the Great O, here, born in Kenya and Funder of Islamic Museums in Mississippi.  

But as Ms. Bachmann makes crystal clear in EW2, this funding of terrorists indicates that Ms. Bachmann is a believer in Jesus Christ, and that when she looks at the Other Holy Scripture, it indicates that the fig tree has a leaf.  And if that does not send a tremor up your leaf, I do not know what will.  Fig trees do not leaf out for no good reason, you know!  We have only ourselves to blame for not appreciating the deep and terrible message in a fig tree with a leaf. How many times have you simply walked on by a fig tree with a leaf, and not regarded its implication?  Every time, I will wager!

EW3 is not one of those simple-minded messages that Country Club ministers of Establishment Churches mouth.  Oh, no!  Look at that syntax!  Look at the puzzling but profound phrase, "which is your ministry"!  Is that clear to you?  Of course not!  Your eyes are probably clouded over, too, and no secular corrective lenses are going to make that simple, powerful phrase clear to a clouded eye.  "We are to understand . . . we are in God's end-time history."  
That's where we are!  The End of the World, again, just like the last time!  And this is no Mayan Calendar end-of-the-calendar End:  this is it!  It is not like the Mayans running out of rocks and chisels.  This is the Great O funding what George W. called, "terrists", causing fig trees to leaf out and your cell phone to drop calls.  This is the end of fact-based thinking!  This is it!

I wish she had given a date.  The Water District says I have to pay my water bill, anyway, and whilst sending good money to a government utility makes my blood boil at about 98.6 degrees F., I dearly don't want to run out of water before the End Time, especially not since we have a new water line running up from the street to the house.  Personally, I am glad the plumber is not a believer, because had he truly and earnestly believed that we are in End Time History, he would surely have pointed out that there was no point to fixing the plumbing.  (That explains an awful lot about how the House of Representatives is behaving, doesn't it?  Who gives a damn about the credit rating of the U. S. government!)

But I am straying from what Michele Bachmann, who is on the House Intelligence Committee, is saying to us.  "The leaf is on the fit tree!"  

(Maybe in a subsequent exploration of just how Turtle Talk works, we can explore whether the fig leaf in the Garden of Eden and Michele's fig leaf are the same leaf, and how it got from Eve to Michele.)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friends-- My step-father of 35 years died this morning. His name was Conrad Royksund. He was 86 years old. He was born into poverty on a farm near Puyallup, WA. He was the first member of his family to attend college and earned a PhD from the University of Chicago. He paid his way through all of that by fishing in Alaska. He spent his professional career as a college professor. I met him when I was just 3 years old and don't actually have any memories of my life befor e he was in it. He was intimidatingly smart, funny as hell, and worked his ass off. He taught me to meet people with kindness and decency until I was certain they could not be trusted. He taught me to meet ideas with carving knives until I was certain they could. I will remember him as one of the bravest, most curious, and funniest people I have ever met. He left this world with a satisfied mind. We are so grateful. Dan Hubbard

Caliche Busters and Government Work

When I was young and both stronger and smarter than I am now, I put my might and brain to work doing nothing useful, unless it might be thought that hand/foot/eye coordination might come in handy.  Those were skills to be learned and practiced.   I found an iron bar our grandfather had shaped in his blacksmith shop.  He took old car, truck, or wagon axles, and made tools from them for digging post holes.  He sharpened one end to a tip, and the other to a blade.  Washington State, like many places, had a hard layer of soil, probably created by water and limestone, or some such materials, that made digging holes a miserable chore.  The bar chipped through the natural concrete so that a shovel could take it up.   I found Grandpa's iron bar, and since I was young and dumb and strong--or so I thought--decided to punch a hole down to hardpan and ultimate truth.  I knew how to do that.  Raise the bar vertically with both hands, and then slam in straight down.  On the second try, aimi

The Sea is Rising

Let us just step back:  two hundred and fifty years ago, or so, the ships of England and Spain had drifted onto a whole new continent, as they saw it, from far north to a savagely cold south; pole to pole, as if there were such things. Millions of people already lived here, some of them still hunters and gatherers; some of them very wealthy, indeed!  Gold and silver stolen from the southern Americas funded Spanish and English dreams. There was land, lots of land, under starry skies above, rich land, and oil and coal and iron ore.  The whole western world learned how to build industries not on simple muscle power, but on steam and oil.  We farmed, too, of course.  All we needed was cheap labor--slave labor from Africa, mostly, so the ships came with slave labor.  Chinese labor built railroad beds where there had been rock cliffs. Europeans, long used to killing each other for good, religious reasons, brought their religious savagery with them.  Even when all they wanted to do w