Skip to main content

The Great Gubbamint Dime Hoist

There you have it:  proof!
The dime is gone!
If that does not prove, conclusively,
that the Gubbamint is invading
our privacies and back yards,
then nothing does!

As you undoubtedly know,
because you undoubtedly read
my earlier post, "Just an ordinary guy,
thinking it through" (a couple back),
I became concerned that the Gubbamint was using the Hubble telescope,
built with our money, not to look back in time and space at what things were like billions of years ago--that was just a ruse--but to spy on things happening in our back yard.  And when I read that, should they do that, they could read the print on a dime, it all became clear to me:  the Gubbamint was going to confiscate our money; especially our dimes!  

Anyway, as every fool knows, the Creation from Intelligent Design happened no more than ten thousand years ago, and probably less:  there wasn't a Garden of Eden billions of years ago because even god is not that old, not measured in Mesopotamian years!  A year in Mesopotamia is exactly as old as the Mesopotamians said it was; neither more nor less!

So to test the theory, just a couple of days ago, I put a dime out in our back yard--I provided photographic proof, just as I am doing now with a new photo--to show that the Hubble telescope not only was capable of finding dimes in our back yards, but that the Gubbamint was sending agents to confiscate those dimes!

I swear, on a Bible and lots of other books, too, that I did not go out there and pick up that dime!  I did not!  Why should I lie?  I am not the Gubbamint!  I took a picture of where it was, and it is not there!

Not even our neighbor, next door, has a telescope power powerful enough to read a dime in our back yard--there is a tree in the way, and a dog--but the Hubble telescope can, and did, and the dime is gone, which proves that someone took it, and the only people who could possibly know have a Hubble!

I am not proud to say this, but only a few weeks ago, I would not have had the courage to say these things, but now we have had an election, and just a lot of things are becoming clearer than they were before:  mostly, the Gubbamint is not on our side!  We have to admit that it has fallen into the hands of dime grabbers with telescopes!  Do not, do not under any circumstances, hide your dimes in the backyard, thinking they will be safe from alien powers with Hubble-vision.  

It proves, doesn't it, that Barack Obama was born in Kenya, and that Hillary Clinton deserves to be put in jail, and that there is a vast, international conspiracy probably with offices and secret Twitter accounts at the U.N., conspiring to take over the universe!  And they are financing it on our dime!

I will admit that I feel relieved, now that like-minded patriots are going to take over our Gubbamint, but I have learned my lesson:  that they will become money-grabbers, too, especially now that the Hubble is working so well, and pointed downhill.

As I said, if this does not prove there is a vast Gubbamint conspiracy, then nothing does!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friends-- My step-father of 35 years died this morning. His name was Conrad Royksund. He was 86 years old. He was born into poverty on a farm near Puyallup, WA. He was the first member of his family to attend college and earned a PhD from the University of Chicago. He paid his way through all of that by fishing in Alaska. He spent his professional career as a college professor. I met him when I was just 3 years old and don't actually have any memories of my life befor e he was in it. He was intimidatingly smart, funny as hell, and worked his ass off. He taught me to meet people with kindness and decency until I was certain they could not be trusted. He taught me to meet ideas with carving knives until I was certain they could. I will remember him as one of the bravest, most curious, and funniest people I have ever met. He left this world with a satisfied mind. We are so grateful. Dan Hubbard

Caliche Busters and Government Work

When I was young and both stronger and smarter than I am now, I put my might and brain to work doing nothing useful, unless it might be thought that hand/foot/eye coordination might come in handy.  Those were skills to be learned and practiced.   I found an iron bar our grandfather had shaped in his blacksmith shop.  He took old car, truck, or wagon axles, and made tools from them for digging post holes.  He sharpened one end to a tip, and the other to a blade.  Washington State, like many places, had a hard layer of soil, probably created by water and limestone, or some such materials, that made digging holes a miserable chore.  The bar chipped through the natural concrete so that a shovel could take it up.   I found Grandpa's iron bar, and since I was young and dumb and strong--or so I thought--decided to punch a hole down to hardpan and ultimate truth.  I knew how to do that.  Raise the bar vertically with both hands, and then slam in straight down.  On the second try, aimi

The Sea is Rising

Let us just step back:  two hundred and fifty years ago, or so, the ships of England and Spain had drifted onto a whole new continent, as they saw it, from far north to a savagely cold south; pole to pole, as if there were such things. Millions of people already lived here, some of them still hunters and gatherers; some of them very wealthy, indeed!  Gold and silver stolen from the southern Americas funded Spanish and English dreams. There was land, lots of land, under starry skies above, rich land, and oil and coal and iron ore.  The whole western world learned how to build industries not on simple muscle power, but on steam and oil.  We farmed, too, of course.  All we needed was cheap labor--slave labor from Africa, mostly, so the ships came with slave labor.  Chinese labor built railroad beds where there had been rock cliffs. Europeans, long used to killing each other for good, religious reasons, brought their religious savagery with them.  Even when all they wanted to do w